What's Included in Flood Insurance? Get the Facts on How You're Covered

Article Posted by Expert Author: Carly Jorge  on 05/17/2013

There are several types of flood insurance coverage, including those that protect just a building, just the contents of the building, or both. The maximum coverage for the contents of a building is $100,000 while the actual building coverage can be as high as $250,000. The amount you'll pay will depend on a wide variety of factors, including how likely your home is to become a victim of a flood, but one thing is certain: You'll have the best chance of the best rates if you collect homeowners insurance quotes from several companies. Just get the info from a few companies and then compare them to see who offers the best fit.

Flood coverage usually covers things like the replacement of window blinds, certain appliances like stoves and fridges, the foundation of the building, the removal of debris, items that are permanently installed (like paneling or carpeting), and repairs to the plumbing and electrical systems. Coverage for the contents typically covers like things like portable appliances (such as dishwashers or air conditioners), personal belongings, valuable items up to $2,500 and furniture. Of course you must always read the fine print of your policy to verify what's covered by your policies.

Article Posted In:  Homeowners Insurance  Useful Tips  

Categories: Homeowners InsuranceFinding DiscountsUseful TipsHome Owners Insurance by CityNews